Nestled in the timeless Ozark Mountains, Pulaski County is home to Fort Leonard Wood where visitors from around the world enjoy bountiful outdoor recreation activities, Route 66, rich military history, diverse cultures and home town events.
Each community offers their own unique adventures and are worthy of exploring. The Pulaski County Tourism Bureau & Visitors Center is located in St. Robert and is your one-stop source for pre-planning your trip or while you are here. Our knowledgeable and helpful representatives will provide you with tips, resources and personalize your route to attractions and destinations throughout the area.
The City of St. Robert is located just outside of the main gate leading into Fort Leonard Wood. Travelers will find over 20 hotels and motels, a wide selection of restaurants, shopping opportunities. A few of the St. Robert attractions and activities include; Tiger Typhoon Water Park – always a hit with families during the summer months. an afternoon at the 9-hole, 3-par, putt and pitch municipal golf course and history buffs and patriots will want to visit the Saint Robert Museum, U.S.O. Chimney Commemorative, and Freedom Rock.
While in Waynesville enjoy Roubidoux Park and Laughlin Park. Both parks provide access to the Roubidoux River and are connected by a paved walking trail. Laughlin Park includes the world-famous Roubidoux Spring and the Trail of Tears National Historic Trail Cherokee Campsite. History enthusiasts will also want to explore the 1903 Courthouse Museum and the Old Stagecoach Stop. Seasonal Hours – Contact them for opening dates and hours. Pulaski County Tourism Bureau offers a free downtown Waynesville Walking Tour brochure. It can be found at many of the one-of-a-kind eateries, gift boutiques, or antique stores on the Square or at the Pulaski County Visitors Center. Catch a show at Theater on the Square playhouse or enjoy the newest Hollywood blockbuster on the Grand Screen at the state-of-the-art movie theater in West Waynesville.
Visitors to Fort Leonard Wood shouldn’t miss Mahaffey Museum Complex. This is the only place in the country where you can tour three United State Army branch museums- the Military Police Museum, the Chemical Corps Museum, and the Engineer Museum. A historic driving tour map can be obtained at the Front Gate Visitors Center. Stone Mill Spring and Piney Valley Golf Course should also be included on your itinerary!
Other communities throughout the county; Crocker, Dixon and Richland offer unique eateries, murals, eateries and antique shops. You will discover pristine riverways to fish or paddle along in a kayak. Travelers from around the globe get their kicks along our section of Route 66. Visit the Digital Download Page for over 20 themed itineraries, driving tours and trails developed by the Pulaski County Tourism Bureau to enhance your exploration of the area.
Pulaski County businesses and organizations offer plenty of fun activities to include, nightlife, and activities such as Sip & Paint and game nights. Seasonal activities; haunted attractions, pumpkin patch, holiday lights. Throwback “tourist traps”, railroad heritage, scenic drives, Instagram-worthy backdrops, an international array of dining choices, and the perfect selection of hotels and vacation stays to fit your comfort level and needs.
Explore Fort Leonard Wood – Pulaski County – A Welcome Place in America’s Heartland.
SAVE THE DATE
- August 6-7th: Route 66 Yard 100 Mile Yard Sale – Pulaski County, MO
- August 7th: Fabulous Fakes Dinner Show – Dixon, MO
- August 10th: Missouri’s Bicentennial Ice Cream Social Celebration – Several Locations in Pulaski County, MO
- August 13th -15th Float Trip Music Festival – Waynesville, MO
- August 14th: Superhero Fest – Saint Robert, MO
- August 14th: Battle of the Bands – Saint Robert, MO
- August 28th: 31st Annual Armed Services YMCA Duck Race – Waynesville, MO
For full Calendar of Events visit PulaskiCountyUSA.com online Calendar
- Thursdays 4:30PM-7:30PM – Farmers Market & Artist Showcase – Saint Robert, MO
- Saturdays 8AM-12PM – Pulaski County Farmers Market – Waynesville, MO
- Saturdays 8AM-12PM – Richland Farmers Market – Richland, MO
- Saturdays by Appointment Only 10AM-4PM – Old Stagecoach Stop Museum – Waynesville, MO
- Cancelled for August 2021 → First Friday 6PM-8PM – Dixon Chamber First Friday – Dixon, MO
- Third Saturday 10AM-2PM – Frisco Depot Museum – Crocker, MO
SAVE THE DATE
- September 4th: 49th Railroad Days – Crocker, MO
- September 11th: Remembering 9/11 Patriots Day Festival – Waynesville, MO
- October 2nd: Frog Hill Half Marathon and 10K Run – Waynesville, MO
- October 2nd: Nasty Pulaski Gravel Grind Bike Race Waynesville, MO
- October 9th: Route 66 Challenge – Pulaski County, MO