Nestled in the timeless Ozark Mountains, Pulaski County is home to Fort Leonard Wood where visitors from around the world enjoy bountiful outdoor recreation activities, Route 66, rich military history, diverse cultures, and hometown events.
Each community offers their own unique adventures and are worthy of exploring. The Pulaski County Tourism Bureau & Visitors Center is located in St. Robert and is your one-stop source for pre-planning your trip or while you are here. Our knowledgeable and helpful representatives will provide you with tips, resources and personalize your route to attractions and destinations throughout the area.
The City of St. Robert is located just outside of the main gate leading into Fort Leonard Wood. Travelers will find over 20 hotels and motels, a wide selection of restaurants, shopping opportunities. A few of the St. Robert attractions and activities include; Tiger Typhoon Water Park – always a hit with families during the summer months, an afternoon at the 9-hole, 3-par, putt and pitch municipal golf course, and history buffs and patriots will want to visit the Saint Robert Museum, U.S.O. Chimney Commemorative, and Freedom Rock.
While in Waynesville enjoy Roubidoux Park and Laughlin Park. Both parks provide access to the Roubidoux River and are connected by a paved walking trail. Laughlin Park includes the world-famous Roubidoux Spring and the Trail of Tears National Historic Trail Cherokee Campsite. History enthusiasts will also want to explore the 1903 Courthouse Museum and the Old Stagecoach Stop. Seasonal Hours – Contact them for opening dates and hours. Pulaski County Tourism Bureau offers a free downtown Waynesville Walking Tour brochure. It can be found at many of the one-of-a-kind eateries, gift boutiques, or antique stores on the Square or at the Pulaski County Visitors Center. Catch a show at Theatre on the Square playhouse or enjoy the newest Hollywood blockbuster on the Grand Screen at the state-of-the-art movie theatre in West Waynesville.
Visitors to Fort Leonard Wood shouldn’t miss Mahaffey Museum Complex. This is the only place in the country where you can tour three United States Army branch museums- the Military Police Museum, the Chemical Corps Museum, and the Engineer Museum. A historic driving tour map can be obtained at the Front Gate Visitors Center. Stone Mill Spring and Piney Valley Golf Course should also be included in your itinerary!
Other communities throughout the county; Crocker, Dixon, and Richland offer unique eateries, murals, eateries, and antique shops. You will discover pristine riverways to fish or paddle along in a kayak. Travelers from around the globe get their kicks along our section of Route 66. Visit the Digital Download Page for over 20 themed itineraries, driving tours, and trails developed by the Pulaski County Tourism Bureau to enhance your exploration of the area.
Pulaski County businesses and organizations offer plenty of fun activities to include, nightlife, and activities such as Sip & Paint and game nights. Seasonal activities; haunted attractions, pumpkin patch, holiday lights. Throwback “tourist traps”, railroad heritage, scenic drives, Instagram-worthy backdrops, an international array of dining choices, and the perfect selection of hotels and vacation stays to fit your comfort level and needs. Visit PulaskiCountyUSA for more information. Be sure to check out our blog for more ideas!
Explore Fort Leonard Wood – Pulaski County – A Welcome Place in America’s Heartland.
- November 5th: Turkey Throttle Car & Bike Show – Indoor Poker Run Richland
- November 10th thru 13th: Field of Heroes A field of flags arranged in precision rows, in observance for Veterans Day and in honor of our heroes. – Saint Robert
- November 11th: Veterans Parade and Ceremony -Waynesville
- November 26th Shop Small Saturday – Visit link for details and discounts! – County-wide
- Dec 1 Christmas on the Square – Waynesville
- Dec 1- 15th Shop Local in PJs – Online auction
- Dec 4 Kiwanis Christmas Parade – Waynesville
- Dec 8-26th Light Up Pulaski – Trail of incredible home and business holiday displays – County-wide
- Dec 9-11th & 16-18th – Pulaski County Fine Arts presents Anne of Green Gables –
- Dec 17th Christmas on Main Street – Crocker
MUSEUMS, FARMERS MARKETS and Weekly Events
- Saturdays: 8 am – 12 pm Pulaski County Farmers Market – Near Roubidoux Campground in Waynesville, MO 65583
- By Appointment Only: Through December 17th Frisco Depot Museum – 109 10th Street in Crocker, MO 65452 Call 573-528-3550 to make an appointment.
By Appointment Only: Through December 1st Old Stagecoach Stop Museum – 106 N. Lynn Street in Waynesville, MO 65583
Saturday November 5th & 19th: Beginning at 9 am at Crocker Farmers Market –
Community Park Pavilion in Crocker, MO 65452
Visit the link below for Holiday open houses, bazaars, healthy paint & sips, couples night out, bingo, karaoke and more! Full calendar of Festivals and Community Events and Activities.
SAVE THE DATE – 2023 SIGNATURE EVENTS
- Jan 15-16th Martin Luther King Day Celebration – Waynesville
- Mar 6-April 15th Taste of Pulaski County Restaurant Passport – County-wide
- Jun 14-17th Pulaski County Regional Fair – Saint Robert
- Jul 29-30th Old Settlers Days – Waynesville
- Aug 4-5 Route 66 100-Mile Yard Sale – 3 counties
- Sept 9 – Crocker Railroad Days – Crocker
- Sept 15-16th Dixon Cowdays – Dixon
- Sept 22-24 Route 66 Hogs & Frogs Festival – Waynesville
- Oct 6-7th Frog Hill Half Marathon 10k/5k – Waynesville
- Oct 7th Nasty Pulaski Gravel Grind – Waynesville
- Oct 14 Route 66 Challenge – Saint Robert & Waynesville
- Nov 4 Turkey Throttle Car Show & Indoor Poker Run – Saint Robert
- Dec 7-26th Light Up Pulaski – County-wide
- Dec 9-10 Journey to Bethlehem – Crocker
Be sure to visit the Community Events and Activities calendar for nightlife activities, game nights, paint and sips, and crafting activities!