Nestled in the timeless Ozark Mountains, Pulaski County is home to Fort Leonard Wood where visitors from around the world enjoy bountiful outdoor recreation activities, Route 66, rich military history, diverse cultures, and hometown events.
Each community offers their own unique adventures and are worthy of exploring. The Pulaski County Tourism Bureau & Visitors Center is located in St. Robert and is your one-stop source for pre-planning your trip or while you are here. Our knowledgeable and helpful representatives will provide you with tips, resources and personalize your route to attractions and destinations throughout the area.
The City of St. Robert is located just outside of the main gate leading into Fort Leonard Wood. Travelers will find over 20 hotels and motels, a wide selection of restaurants, shopping opportunities. A few of the St. Robert attractions and activities include; Tiger Typhoon Water Park – always a hit with families during the summer months, an afternoon at the 9-hole, 3-par, putt and pitch municipal golf course, and history buffs and patriots will want to visit the Saint Robert Museum, U.S.O. Chimney Commemorative, and Freedom Rock.
While in Waynesville enjoy Roubidoux Park and Laughlin Park. Both parks provide access to the Roubidoux River and are connected by a paved walking trail. Laughlin Park includes the world-famous Roubidoux Spring and the Trail of Tears National Historic Trail Cherokee Campsite. History enthusiasts will also want to explore the 1903 Courthouse Museum and the Old Stagecoach Stop. Seasonal Hours – Contact them for opening dates and hours. Pulaski County Tourism Bureau offers a free downtown Waynesville Walking Tour brochure. It can be found at many of the one-of-a-kind eateries, gift boutiques, or antique stores on the Square or at the Pulaski County Visitors Center. Catch a show at Theatre on the Square playhouse or enjoy the newest Hollywood blockbuster on the Grand Screen at the state-of-the-art movie theatre in West Waynesville.
Visitors to Fort Leonard Wood shouldn’t miss Mahaffey Museum Complex. This is the only place in the country where you can tour three United States Army branch museums- the Military Police Museum, the Chemical Corps Museum, and the Engineer Museum. A historic driving tour map can be obtained at the Front Gate Visitors Center. Stone Mill Spring and Piney Valley Golf Course should also be included in your itinerary!
Other communities throughout the county; Crocker, Dixon, and Richland offer unique eateries, murals, eateries, and antique shops. You will discover pristine riverways to fish or paddle along in a kayak. Travelers from around the globe get their kicks along our section of Route 66. Visit the Digital Download Page for over 20 themed driving tours and trails, and themed Itineraries ideas and Foodie Trails developed by the Pulaski County Tourism Bureau to enhance your exploration of the area.
Pulaski County businesses and organizations offer plenty of fun activities to include, nightlife, and activities such as Sip & Paint and game nights. Seasonal activities; haunted attractions, holiday lights. Throwback “tourist traps”, railroad heritage, scenic drives, Instagram-worthy backdrops, an international array of dining choices, and the perfect selection of hotels and vacation stays to fit your comfort level and needs. Visit PulaskiCountyUSA for more information. Be sure to check out our blog for more ideas!
Explore Fort Leonard Wood – Pulaski County – A Welcome Place in America’s Heartland.
- Mar 6 – April 15th Taste of Pulaski County Restaurant Passport – County-wide
- Apr 1 – Roubidoux Bridge 100th Anniversary Celebration
- Apr 1 – MWR Egg Hunt (Authorized patrons and their guests ONLY), Fort Leonard Wood
- April 15th – 5th Annual Hanna Hills Open Disc Golf Tournament
- April 21 – Meet Your Army, Waynesville
- May 5-6th – Small Town Ramble, Richland
- May 6 – Super Hero Fest, Comic Hoarderz, Waynesville
- Jun 3 – Roubidoux Raft Race, Waynesville
- Jun 14-17 – Pulaski County Regional Fair – Saint Robert
Visit the Pulaski County USA Event Calendars for details!
Reoccurring Events in Pulaski County
- Every Saturday: Pulaski County Farmers Market* This weekly, year round market features fresh produce, baked goods, locally roasted coffee, tea, live plants, crafts, pet items, kid vendors and other home-made goods. Local authors, special vendors & food trucks vary by season. 8 am – noon at the Farmers Market Pavilion, near the Roubidoux Spring Campground in Waynesville, MO 65583 *Vendors and product availability dependent on weather and other factors.
- Old Stagecoach Stop Museum – Open April – September, Saturdays 10AM – 4PM
- 1903 Courthouse Museum – Open May – September – Saturdays 10AM-2PM
- Frisco Railroad Museum – TBD
- Every Wednesday & Thursday: BINGO! Come join the fun on Wednesdays & Thursdays at the American Legion beginning at 6:30 pm. Richland Post #240 – 1100 Pine St. in Richland, MO 65556 For inclement weather, schedule changes, or event updates follow – American Legion Post 240 on face book
- Every Sunday: BINGO! Come join the fun on Sundays at the VFW. Bingo begins at 2pm, doors open at 12 pm at the Ozark Memorial Post #337 – 17305 Superior Rd. in Waynesville, MO 65583 For inclement weather, schedule changes, or event updates follow – VFW Ozark Memorial Post 3176 on face book
- Every Third Saturday: Free Donut 5k Run / Walk This family friendly, fun event begins at 8 am at Roubidoux Park in Waynesville, MO. This 3.1-mile fun run is family and stroller friendly and can be run, walked, or rucked. Free donuts to follow! (Monthly Location subject to change.) For inclement weather, schedule changes, or event updates follow – Healthy Futures Pulaski County on face book.
SAVE THE DATE
Bold – Signifies Pulaski County Signature Event
- Jul 2 – Buckhorn Blast, Buckhorn
- Jul 22 – Leathernecks Motorcycle Club Car & Bike Show, Saint Robert
- July 29th & 30th – Old Settlers Days
- August 4th & 5th – Route 66 Yard Sale
- Aug 12 – Fabulous Fakes: Legends in Music Dinner Show, Dixon
- September 9th – Railroad Days
- September 15th & 16th – Fall Festival Cow Days
- Sept 16 – Extremicon, St Robert
- September 22nd thru 24th – Route 66 Hogs & Frogs
- October 6th & 7th – Frog Hill 5K / 10K / & Half Marathon
- October 7th – Nasty Pulaski Gravel Grind Bike Race
- Nov 4 – Turkey Throttle Car Show & Indoor Poker Run – Saint Robert
- December 7th thru 26th – Light Up Pulaski County
- December 8th & 9th – Journey to Bethlehem
Be sure to visit the FULL Calendar of Events for details and additional community events and activities; nightlife, game nights, paint and sips, and crafting activities! Watch for the Monthly Event Blog released the last week of each month.